Life changing simple finance rules.
 Don't spend more than 90% of salary (save at least 10%)
- Be frugal
- Or expand your salary
 Income inflation > Lifestyle inflation
- This way, you will end up saving more % of your salary with time.
 Don't let your money die
- Your total portfolio should beat inflation.
 Build an income portfolio
- Like VCs invest across different firms.
- You should "invest" across different money generating assets.
- Active income (job), Passive income (digital product), Investment Income (stocks). Have at least 2.
 Optimise your taxes
Your are going to spend most money not on your kids, but on your taxes.
Basic things like: claiming 80C deductions, filing your tax on time etc are a must.
 Manage risks, don't fear risk.
Investing is risky.
Not investing is riskier.
Like it or not, our monetary system is designed to reward investors and hurt savers. There is a fancy word for this called "inflation".